Northwest Face enters its 11th year of operations. We have grown steadily over the years by persistent delivery of the highest quality medical care appropriate for our expertise, performed by the best and brightest staff, and sold at a fair price.
Just like you, we get bombarded by salesmen of all sorts pitching the "latest greatest" beauty treatments. We routinely research their claims and every once in a while something comes along that is truly remarkable. Coolsculpting is the most exciting treatment that I have seen in many years. It is truly COOL!
Here at Northwest Face with our body contouring experts, we know how to perform minimally invasive procedures safely and well. For many years we have, and continue to, successfully body contour with liposuction and "Tummy Tucks". These procedures can produce dramatic results but may not be for everyone. Coolsculpting is best for people that have a fear of surgery, are within 15 lbs of their ideal wt and who want zero recovery and have a heavy work out or work schedule that they must not interrupt.
More Details on CoolSculpting:
Coolsculpting is a novel approach to body contouring and is currently available at Northwest Face. The Coolscultping procedure works by freezing large areas of fat under the skin and above the muscles. Once frozen, fat cells (lipocytes) are destroyed by rupture of their cell walls. They undergo a 4-6 week process of removal and re-absorbtion by the body. These cells will never return. A 20-25% reduction of fat occurs in the treated area. This reduction is noticeable at one month. Patients express a greater than 80% satisfaction in the areas treated with Coolsculpting. The treatment can be repeated in 2 months time in the same area if more than 20-25% reduction in fat is wanted. The Coolsculpting procedure requires no anesthesia or compression garments. In fact there is no downtime whatsoever associated with Coolsculpting. Each treated area take about one hour. You may watch a movie, phone friends, work on your Ipad , or just take a nap during the procedure. It requires no sedation of any type.
The Coolsculpting technology has been thoroughly vetted by numerous peer reviewed scientific journals. Customer satisfaction is among the highest for any similar procedure. I am very proud and excited to include the Coolsculpting procedure in our menu of services.
If one of your New Year's resolutions is to get a permanent handle on those love handles, muffin top, belly, arms, inner thighs, or bra-fat give us a call for a consultation. Think about it, six weeks, no downtime, high patient satisfaction... It is truly remarkable what can be done on your lunch hour these days. For an even more efficient use of your time, consider Botox, Perlane or even Ultherapy performed simultaneously.
How do I decide between Liposuction and CoolSculpting?
There are certain criteria to find out which procedure would be best. Sometimes one area would be better addressed with Coolsculpting and another area with Tumescent liposuction. As I have performed Tumescent liposuction for 16 years now I can very well educate you on the advantages of each procedure.
Advantages for Coolsculpting:
- No tolerance for downtime
- You are within 15-20lbs of ideal wt
- Patience- it takes 6-8 weeks to get your result and if you want 40-50% of the fat pad gone it will need to be repeated at 2 months.
- The fat pad has to be able to fit well in the hand piece. This means you have to be able to pinch the fat between your fingers.
- Patient is on medications that interact with lidocaine and cannot be taken off them.
- Zero scarring
Advantages for Tumescent Liposuction:
- Fat pad is thick- With liposuction I can take what fat I need to.
- Fat that cannot be pinched up (for example: the lateral outer thigh -jodhpur area) is not a candidate area for Coolsculpting.
- The area needs to be contoured properly and blend well into the surrounding areas. This is the artistry of this technique.
- Results occur quickly (often the next day).
- Can be done anywhere there is a subcutaneous fat pad (neck, arms...)
- Very minimal dot scars