COOLSCULPTING® FAT FREEZE
Your Skilled Seattle Area CoolScuplting ® & Fat Freeze Cosmetic Surgeon
Your appearance is important to you. Looking and feeling your best is paramount. Whether you suffer from fat deposits in your arm, thighs, stomach or other areas, it can be difficult to exercise them away. So, for the stubborn fat that you have succumbed to, coupled with your fear of surgery, it may be time to consider CoolSculpting ® and Fat Freeze treatments from a trusted, skilled and experienced Seattle medical team.
Northwest Face & Body in Kirkland WA, offers complete CoolSculpting ® and Fat Freeze procedures, that help to contour, slim and firm your body. CoolSculpting is a highly sought-after and popular alternative to liposuction, for Seattle area residents. This ground-breaking and innovative fat-freezing technology offers patients the most effective fat-dissolving and reducing option. Drs. Julie E. Voss, M.D. and Ludwig Allegra stand ready to provide residents with comprehensive CoolSculpting and fat freeze treatments, ensuring health, wellness and a sleeker body.
What is CoolScuplting?
With some similarities to liposuction, medical professionals utilize CoolSculpting to target areas of the body where fat does not respond to diet and exercise. As a non-invasive treatment, CoolSculpting offers minimal risk, compared to liposuction.
CoolSculpting is an FDA-cleared method, that utilizes Cryolipolysis™, which is a fat-freezing technology. The procedure is safe and effective in the removal and dissolution of unwanted and unsightly fat cells. Because there are no incisions made, patients can return to their regular routines and regimens right after treatment!
Benefits of CoolSculpting
Not only is CoolSculpting a viable alternative to traditional fat reduction surgeries, there are an array of benefits this ground-breaking procedure offers. Some include:
- A non-invasive procedure – Whereas bypass surgery and liposuction require incisions to be made, CoolSculpting is non-invasive and can even be performed in between meetings you have or your even your lunch break! During treatment, some patients read, bring work or even sleep. A patient would not be able to any of these activities with bypass or liposuction surgeries. Additionally, there is no recovery, resting or downtime required. Once your CoolSculpting is complete, you can get up and go!
- Safe- Your Seattle CoolSculpting treatment is one of the safest procedures ever created. Originally created by Massachusetts General Hospital scientists, CoolSculpting presents minimal to no risk, due to there being nothing foreign inserted into the body.
- Confidence booster- Many patients report an increase in their confidence after CoolSculpting procedures. You can look and feel great without the risks of surgery.
- Long-lasting and natural results- CoolScuplting is a popular procedure and with good reason. Not only does it produce natural-looking results, but the results are also long-lasting.
CoolSculpting Frequently Asked Questions
What individuals are a good candidate for CoolSculpting and Fat Freezing?
The CoolSculpting fat-reduction procedure is designed for patients who have unwanted fat in specific and targeted areas. It is important to note that CoolSculpting treatments are not a weight-loss solution for people who are obese. Viable candidates for the CoolSculpting procedure have noticeable pockets of fat in specific areas they would like to remove.
I have decided to have CoolSculpting and I am ready for my consultation. What happens during that time?
Now that you have decided to have your CoolScuplting procedure, a consultation will take place. During this time, you can discuss your goals and desires. Next, we will take photographs of the places we have agreed need treatment. These photos will serve as “before photos” and will be compared to “after photos” or images we will take after your procedure. Feel free to discuss your problems and issues with your body. And if you have photographs you would like for us to see, bring them! We will also discuss the benefits this innovative fat-reducing treatment offers, as well as the risks. Consider the consultation a private and informative meeting that will give you all of the information you need!
How long is each CoolSculpting treatment?
At Kirkland’s Northwest Face & Body, we will help you create a unique and effective CoolSculpting treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs and goals. Depending upon your structure and where the fat needs to be addressed, your CoolSculpting treatment will vary. Generally, a CoolSculpting treatment can last between 30 minutes to an hour. Many patients come for just one treatment during a visit. Some individuals have multiple CoolSculpting procedures in one visit. You can also schedule more treatments on other days. Your Seattle area CoolSculpting doctors and team, will help with creating a plan of action for you, ensuring the best results.
What happens, step-by-step, during a CoolSculpting procedure?
The following steps generally take place during a CoolSculpting procedure:
- After an initial assessment of the area of concern, our medical team will mark the area. With this marking, this ensures precise, ideal and consistent placement of the CoolSculpting applicator head.
- After the area is marked, the medical professionals will decide upon what applicator head will be used.
- Next, a cool gel pad is placed over the previously marked area, with your skin protected from frostbite, during the treatment process. Because the fat freezes at a higher temperature than skin and other tissue, your CoolSculpting procedure is safe.
- Now, the CoolSculpting applicator is precisely placed across the gel pad and marked area. The applicator uses moderate suction or vacuum pressure to draw the marked area of treatable fat into the cooling panels. We use an array of applicators that vary in size and shape for an effective and efficient CoolSculpting treatment.
- Now, you can relax as your CoolSculpting treatment is performed! Many patients report feelings of cold and tingling.
- During this time, you may opt to watch a TV program, read a book, take a nap or just simply rest.
- After that 30 minute or hour-long treatment, the CoolSculpting applicator is removed. Once this takes place, the treated area may appear red or swollen. This is very normal.
- After treatment, the gel and gel pad are removed and the treated area is cleaned.
- Your medical professional will take time to massage the treated area, to further break down the fat cells. You may feel some soreness or tenderness in the treated area.
- For any pain or discomfort, you are not able to withstand, contact our office immediately.
This double chin I have bothers me. Can CoolSculpting help?
Absolutely! The CoolSculpting procedure can target and treat that double chin you have! Freezing the fat from your double chin can be performed quickly and efficiently.
What are the side effects of a CoolSculpting/ Fat Freezing treatment?
During your CoolSculpting procedure, you may experience feelings of tugging, pulling and pinching. All are tolerable and not overwhelming. Given the nature of the procedure, CoolSculpting can bring intense cold as well. Some patients report stinging, cramping and mild aching at treatment sites. Thankfully, these sensations will subside as the area becomes numb.
After your procedure, you may experience some redness, swelling and bruising. Some patients also report tingling and tenderness in the days after the treatment. Although some mild discomfort has been reported, contact our office immediately if you have serious pain or ailments.
When can I return to exercise and work after my CoolSculpting treatment?
Because there are no incisions made nor anesthetic used, patients typically return to normal activities immediately. Many people return to work right after their procedures.
How do I decide between CoolSculpting and liposuction?
There are certain criteria that will help you decide between CoolSculpting and liposuction. Sometimes one area can be successfully addressed with Coolsculpting, while another can be addressed with Tumescent liposuction. The advantages of CoolScuplting include:
- No scarring
- No needles or incisions made
- Little to no downtime or recovery
- You can remain between 15 and 20 lbs. of your ideal weight
- Ideal for patients with allergies to prescribed medications that include lidocaine
The benefits of Tumescent liposuction include:
- Minimal scarring
- The fat pad is thick
- Results occur quickly
- Can be done anywhere there is a subcutaneous fat pad (neck, arms, thighs, buttocks, etc.)
- Ideal for persons who have fat that cannot be pinched up (for example: the lateral outer thigh is not a candidate area for Coolsculpting)
My CoolSculpting procedure is complete. Now what do I do?
After your CoolSculpting procedure, we will ask you to come back for a follow-up visit. During that time, we can view your results and progress and schedule additional procedures, should you want them.
How soon will I see results from my CoolSculpting procedure?
After your CoolSculpting procedure, you may see changes in your appearance in as little as three weeks. The most dramatic results will be visible after two months. Even long after your treatment, your body will continue the process of flushing out fat cells up to six months after your initial treatment.
Do I need to take special medications or supplements after my CoolSculpting procedure? Do I need to follow a special diet?
After your CoolSculpting procedure, there are no supplements that you need to take. Drs. Allegra and Voss may prescribe a special cream or medication to help with swelling, pain and other side effects you’re experiencing. If you think you may need medication, contact us and we will discuss this with you.
Although you need not change any of your lifestyle habits, our medical team always encourages all patients to live a healthful life, combining vitamin rich foods and beverages, and incorporating some amount of exercise and physical activity, to maintain a healthy weight and for overall nutrition.
After your CoolSculpting treatment, you may be motivated to take a cycling or yoga class, to better yourself! You will have a new body that you will want to maintain with healthful foods and activity, and we encourage that!
Will my CoolSculpting procedure be covered by my medical insurance?
Since CoolSculpting is considered an elective procedure, it is not covered by medical insurance.
Is there research that supports the safety of CoolSculpting?
According to research, CoolSculpting has been deemed an effective and safe treatment for the removal of fat. At Northwest Face & Body, your safety and security will never be compromised.
Where will my CoolSculpting treatment be performed?
Your CoolSculpting procedure will be performed in a private secure, clean and sanitary medical suite. If you need anything to make you more comfortable, let us know! Bring a book, your laptop or even a mobile device to view a movie or show, because you will have time to relax and rest!
Then what is the cost of CoolSculpting?
The cost of CoolSculpting varies. Before cost can be shared, certain factors are evaluated. For example, the number of procedures play an important role in CoolSculpting costs. Generally, the cost for one treatment can be approximately $2,250. Our team will determine the size of the applicator for treating your areas, when considering cost. During your consultation and within your treatment plan, costs for your CoolSculpting will be outlined and shared with you.
Why should I have my CoolSculpting/Fat Freezing treatment performed at Northwest Face & Body?
At Northwest Face & Body, we provide CoolSculpting patients with a safe, effective, clean and efficient CoolSculpting treatment. Our state-of-the-art facility offers comfort, relaxation and privacy during treatment. We strive to address all concerns and issues, while offering the care, understanding, compassion and respect you need and deserve.
Dr. Allegra is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon who has decades of cosmetic surgery experience. With his extensive expertise, he can effectively evaluate and treat an array of cosmetic issues and concerns from various patients. He couples his medical knowledge and proficiency, with artistry to create outcomes that increase confidence and enhance patients’ physical attributes.
Dr. Voss is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in innovative and ground-breaking dermatologic surgery. Known for her ability to achieve healthy and natural-looking results, Dr. Voss has expertise with face as well as body contouring.
Contact Northwest Face & Body Today!
Your body deserves the best care and treatment available. At Kirkland’s Northwest Face & Body, you can be assured of quality CoolSculpting treatments that will improve your body, without compromising your health or well-being. We strive for quality that surpasses many. We will work diligently to help you achieve all of your goals and desires. So, contact us today for your consultation by dialing either 425.576.1700 or 206.525.2525. You can also connect with us online. We look forward to providing you with a one-of-a-kind fast and efficient CoolSculpting/ Fat Freezing experience!