Marionette Line Filler Bellevue & Kirkland
Jowling is the sagging of jowls on the lower face, and the first sign of this is marionette lines. These pesky lines tend to appear around age 35 or above. It can make the lower face feel heavy and look prematurely aged. Though, often, the marionette lines form before the patient is a candidate for a facelift. This procedure can remove marionette lines long term. Instead of leaving them, dermal fillers are the go-to treatment to help disguise marionette lines. The injectors at Northwest Face & Body provide the best marionette line filler Bellevue and Kirkland offer.
What Are Marionette Lines?
The marionette lines are a wrinkle that forms at the corners of the mouth and extends downward toward the chin. Often, they are not too long, but may drag down the corners of the mouth. This can cause a perpetual frown or unapproachable look that many patients are bothered by.
The lines get their name from marionette string puppets which have lines on each side of the mouth. The human form generally forms over several years. Around the age of 20, your skin slows collagen production more each year. This can contribute to thinner skin and volume loss in the lower face, and, thus, the formation of marionette lines.
Marionette lines have several possible treatment options. The right one for you will depend on various factors such as the severity of your marionette lines, your goals, medical history, other conditions or desired treatments, and your preferences. The marionette lines can be addressed with both non-surgical and surgical procedures. Possible treatment options include:
- Dermal Filler: Dermal filler injections are one of the most common treatment options when addressing only the marionette lines. Adding natural looking volume, fillers can help disguise the marionette lines. Certain fillers like Sculptra can also promote collagen production within the skin to create more volume long term.
- Botox: Less commonly, Botox injections can help relax the unnecessary movements that contribute to marionette line formation. Unlike other lines on the forehead and around the eyes, the marionette lines are less impacted by facial movement. However, in some people, Botox may help reduce marionette lines.
- Chemical Peel: Chemical peels are a great option for all-around skin rejuvenation and anti-aging. Promoting new collagen production, chemical peels also force the skin to shed its outer layers and reveal refreshed skin underneath. This powerful exfoliation treatment can also help treat acne and acne scars, melasma, pigmentation issues, and the signs of aging.
- Microneedling: Using tiny punctures, microneedling stimulates collagen production for renewed skin. It is safe for all skin tones and types. Microneedling is also one of the most versatile and beneficial professional skincare treatments. For the marionette lines, it can help prevent and enhance them.
- Laser Resurfacing: Whether surgical or non-surgical, laser resurfacing can help minimize marionette lines. Creating controlled damage, the laser improves the overall quality and appearance of the skin. It can also thicken the skin which can help diminish marionette lines.
- Mini Facelift/Facelift: A facelift surgery is specifically designed to address the lower face and tighten the skin and muscles. If you are only wanting to treat marionette lines and have no major sagging, a mini facelift may be all you need. If you present with other sagging or jowling, you may benefit from a full facelift.
There are also at-home treatments and things you can do every day to prevent marionette lines. Examples include maintaining good skincare, eating a skin-friendly diet, using retinol, staying hydrated, and using anti-aging serums.
Marionette Line Filler From Start To Finish
Before undergoing marionette line filler in Bellevue, you will meet with an injector at Northwest Face & Body. During this free, no-obligation consultation, your injector will review your goals for treatment and medical history. They will also perform a quick physical examination of the face. This will help them determine the right treatment for you and if you are a candidate for marionette fillers.
If your injector believes that you are a good candidate for marionette line filler and it is the best way to proceed, they will go on to discuss the treatment and filler options with you. Together, you will pick the ideal filler. Patients usually do not undergo treatment the same day, but can in certain circumstances. Before leaving your injector may provide preparation instructions if necessary.
The first step for performing your marionette filler injections is to clean and disinfect the injection sites. Your injector may then apply numbing cream based on your preferences. When you are properly numb, they will then begin the injections.
The injections may be done with either a needle or a cannula. They will slowly maneuver the filler to naturally lift and fill the marionette lines. This can also help lift the corners of the mouth and you will see nearly an instant result. Once they finish one side, your injector will move to the other and repeat the process.
Finally, your injector may lightly massage the filler into place to ensure it settles well and is as free from lumps and bumps as possible. Before you leave, they will also clean the injection sites if necessary.
Following injections of dermal fillers into the marionette lines, there is no recovery. However, your injector may recommend some small changes to your routine for a few days to promote the best possible results. Some marionette line filler aftercare instructions may include:
- Refrain from exercising for about two days
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol
- Limit caffeine the day of the treatment (including before)
- Do not massage the filler unless instructed to
- Sleep on your back
- Contact your injector if you have any questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Filler Fills Marionette Lines?
Generally, one or two syringes are used for the entire treatment. The amount of filler you require will depend on the thickness of the filler and the severity of the marionette lines.
Does Filler In Marionette Lines Lift Jowls?
Yes, but only to an extent. If you have a lot of extra skin along the jowls, the filler may actually accentuate it instead of hiding it. If you have only the early signs of jowling, marionette line filler is a good option for lifting the jowls. Your injector can help you determine what treatment is best for you based on your anatomy and goals.
Will Cheek Filler Help Marionette Lines?
Sometimes, yes, cheek filler will lift the skin enough to reduce the appearance of marionette lines. This will not work if you have deep marionette lines. However, patients who are seeing the early formation of marionette lines or who have lost significant volume in the cheeks may be good candidates for cheek filler to help the marionette lines.
What Filler Is Best For Lifting Marionette Lines?
Nearly every dermal filler could fill and lift the marionette lines. Hyaluronic acid fillers are Sculptra are among the most commonly used in the area. If you are new to filler, your injector will likely recommend a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm. They are completely reversible and the safest option. Examples of hyaluronic acid fillers good for the marionette lines include:
- Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Restylane Lyft
- Juvederm Vollure
- Restylane Silk
Sculptra is a longer lasting option. It is not reversible, but it can last up to two years and helps promote collagen production. Sculptra may be a good fit if you have deeper lines or are familiar with the product or filler injections.
How Much Is Marionette Filler In Bellevue?
The cost of Bellevue marionette line filler depends on the chosen filler and how much is required. Patients can expect to use at least one syringe of filler. The cost of one syringe of some of the popular marionette line filler options include:
- Juvederm Ultra Plus: $550 with injector
- Restylane Lyft: $525 with injector
- Juvederm Vollure: $850 with injector
- Restylane Silk: $525 with injector
Northwest Face & Body does work with Allē Rewards and outside financing options including Care Credit. You can find more about financing and pricing on our price list.
The Best Marionette Line Filler With World Class Injectors
Northwest Face & Body has served the Eastside for over three decades. We strive to give our patients the best care by getting to know them, their requirements, and their physiology. This allows us to recommend the ideal care for each patient, even if it is not a service that we offer. When it comes to dermal fillers, Northwest Face & Body offers the best marionette line filler Bellevue and Kirkland provides.
The injectors at Northwest Face & Body are among some of the best in the state. Our injectors are trained by plastic surgeons to refine their techniques and gain a better understanding of facial aesthetics. They include aesthetic medicine physicians, physician assistants, and nurses.